Agia Triada Monastery or the Monastery of Agia Triada Tsangarolon is a Greek Orthodox monastery in the Akrotiri peninsula in the Chania regional unit, Crete, Greece. It also contains a museum.
The monastery, whose name means “Holy Trinity”, was built in the 17th century by two brothers of the Venetian Zangaroli family on the site of a pre-existing church. The monks produce and sell wine and olive oil on the premises.
Gouverneto Monastery (Moni Gouvernetou) is one of the oldest monasteries in Crete, as it was built in 1537. Gouverneto Monastery, or Our Lady of the Angels as it is also known, is on the Akrotiri Peninsula, about 4 km from Agia Triada Monastery, or 19 km north of Chania.
One of the most popular spots offering a panoramic view of Chania are the Venizelos family tombs, a few kilometres east of the city, on the road to Akrotiri and the airport.
Here, at the small church of Profitis Ilias (Prophet Elijah), are the tombs of the famous Greek statesman Eleftherios Venizelos and his son Sophocles. The tombs are set in a pretty park with an uninterrupted view of Chania.